Books24x7 and Lynda.com Access
What is Books 24x7?
Books 24x7 is a virtual library of books available to all students at Sheridan.
There is an entire library of IT books in all kinds of categories that are relevant
to all the things you'll be studying! New books are added frequently (you can request
an email of which books are added if you wish) so this is a great way to stay
up-to-date without spending a fortune on textbooks. Be sure to use the Bookshelf
feature: you can create "bookshelves" or categories and then add selected textbooks
to bookshelves. You can also bookmark sections of textbooks and add notes.
What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com is a collection of online course videos in a variety of subjects, including
programming, networking, and web design/development. You can create play lists and view
transcripts of videos.
To access Books 24x7 and Lynda.com:
- These links should work as long as you're logged into Access Sheridan:
- If those links don't work after logging into Access Sheridan, try
Databases index page: just click the letter B (for Books24x7)
or L (for Lynda.com) and you'll find the links there.
- If neither of the above work, try logging into Access Sheridan and then
finding the On-Line Databases index yourself:
- Scroll down to the "Sheridan Library Services" section.
- Click the "Library Services" link.
- This will open a new tab/window, so be sure that you have popup's enabled.
- Look for a section that's usually called "On-Line Collections"
or "Search the Library".
- Look for an entry called "Databases" and click it to expand/open
it. You should see a clickable alphabet.
- For Books24x7, click the "B" link and then click on the link to
- For Lynda.com, click the "L" link and then scroll down and find
the link to Lynda.com.